What is the biggest shift in companies’ approaches to safety this year?
Preventative maintenance, combined with individual involvement in safety reporting, is quickly becoming the go-to way to protect workers. On the front lines, this means educating workers about two things:
- What it looks like when things go wrong, and
- How to collect enough data in the field so a safety officer or manager can plan maintenance for when it’s needed—not after an incident has already occurred.
Preventative maintenance programs rely on the successful collection of large amounts of data, and digital forms running on easy-to-use mobile devices like iPhone and iPad are the best way to collect and process all of it.
Written by Jacinta Sarpkaya
Jacinta joined ProntoForms in 2014 as a Technical Documentation Writer with a keen interest in business processes. After earning her BA Honors from University of Toronto, her time working in service introduced her to health and safety regulations.
More Q&As from our experts
- What is the most valuable part of a mobile solution?
- What is the best way to ensure a safe workplace?
- What's the biggest safety trend coming in 2017?
How Proactivity in the Field Improves Worker Safety
What Makes a Good Safety Inspection Form?
How to Enhance Your Contractor Management Program Through Automation