What is the biggest shift in companies’ approaches to safety this year?
Preventative maintenance, combined with individual involvement in safety reporting, is quickly becoming the go-to way to protect workers. On the front lines, this means educating workers about two things:
- What it looks like when things go wrong, and
- How to collect enough data in the field so a safety officer or manager can plan maintenance for when it’s needed—not after an incident has already occurred.
Preventative maintenance programs rely on the successful collection of large amounts of data, and digital forms running on easy-to-use mobile devices like iPhone and iPad are the best way to collect and process all of it.
More Q&As from our experts
- What is the most valuable part of a mobile solution?
- What is the best way to ensure a safe workplace?
- What's the biggest safety trend coming in 2017?