WIS Morning Show: Stress Management Do Genders Manage Stress Different
Join us for Episode Two, as we discuss Stress Management, and look at if genders manage stress differently with guest Louise Hosking.
Join us for Episode Two, as we discuss Stress Management, and look at if genders manage stress differently with guest Louise Hosking. We are going to look at how leaders can respond when they encounter someone who is stressed in the workplace, and dive into if enough industry leaders are setting stress management as a priority for their organizations. Our discussion team is growing! This week we have Donna Cleaton, Lorenzo Visentin and Sylvia Marusyk co-hosting our morning show!
Organisational safety culture is the product of individual and group values, attitudes, perceptions, competencies and behaviours. In the 21st Century world of work, we have more women in the workforce, yet safety data, safety laws and stereotypes are based on the default male, which impacts the emotional safety of women at work.
This series of five podcasts will raise the awareness of diversity at work and how this impacts the safety of women in the workplace by focusing on:
- Episode One: The total mental load and the unpaid shift, which disproportionately affects women with Guest Sylvia Marusyk Founder of MindBody Works.
- Episode Two: Stress experience and coping, which differs for men and women with Guest Louise Hosking Owner of Hosking Associates.
- Episode Three: Organisational trust and belonging with guest Louisa A. (Nolte) Nara Global Technical Director, Center for Chemical Process Safety at AIChE
- Episode Four: The lack of sex differentiated safety data and it’s impact on safety law makers with guest Kizzy Augustin Health and Safety, Fire and Environment Partner of Russell Cooke Solicitors
- Episode Five: The role of leadership in change. Sonia Funk Employee Wellness Analyst and Strategist of the Whole Avocado
Louise Hosking is a risk management leader with almost 3 decades of experience working alongside organisations from micro to FTSE supporting them to transform their approach and perception of Occupational Safety & Health (OSH) at every level and across supply chains.
Louise worked as a regulator after graduating from Nottingham Trent University gaining significant court experience. She has worked for the Co-Operative and prior to creating her business was Head of Environmental Health & Safety for Savills. Property and asset management have remained a specialist area. Her OSH Consultancy Hosking Associates Ltd was established in 2005. Her team guide businesses along a journey to see OSH and high ethical values as an enabler for success.
Louise is a regular contributor to a range of publications and on social media platforms commentating not only on positive OSH values but also inclusion, social value and the challenges faced by SME’s as they grow. In October 2020 Louise was elected to the role of President-Elect of IOSH and will become President in 2021.