Join us as our guest Kizzy Augustin shares her knowledge about the impact of gender based safety data, and how the lack of sex differentiated safety data impacts safety law makers. Women make up 50% of the population and in a 21st Century world, this needs to be recognized by law makers and employers. Gender neutrality is disadvantageous, so gender sensitivity is the future.
This series of five podcasts will raise the awareness of diversity at work and how this impacts the safety of women in the workplace by focusing on:
- Episode One: The total mental load and the unpaid shift, which disproportionately affects women with Guest Sylvia Marusyk Founder of MindBody Works.
- Episode Two: Stress experience and coping, which differs for men and women with Guest Louise Hosking Owner of Hosking Associates.
- Episode Three: Organisational trust and belonging with guest Louisa A. (Nolte) Nara Global Technical Director, Center for Chemical Process Safety at AIChE
- Episode Four: The lack of sex differentiated safety data and it’s impact on safety law makers with guest Kizzy Augustin Health and Safety, Fire and Environment Partner of Russell Cooke Solicitors
- Episode Five: The role of leadership in change.
Kizzy Augustin is the Health and Safety, Fire and Environment Partner of Russell Cooke Solicitors
Kizzy is a Health, Safety, Fire & Environmental Partner and Solicitor Advocate at Russell Cooke Solicitors who regularly represents clients at court, Enforcement Notice appeals and Coroners’ inquests. She provides strategic advice to a number of high-profile corporate and commercial clients – both contentious advice in response to an actual incident, and preventative consultancy advice in relation to corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with key fire and health & safety legislation, as well as other associated regulations.
She has been recognised by The Legal 500 (2020-21) as a “Next Generation Partner” as well as being voted one of the top 15 health and safety influencers in the UK by around 600,000 global readers of the Safety & Health Practitioner (SHP), the most popular H&S magazine worldwide). As well as a truly demanding but enjoyable day job, Kizzy is a staunch campaigner for true equality and diversity in the law and she is also a champion for the retention of women in senior positions in the workplace, particularly in the health and safety sector.
Phone: +44 (0)20 3826 7302
Email: [email protected]