WIS Morning Show: The role of leadership in change
We dive into a great discussion about leadership and how it is key to change! If the leaders of an organization don’t recognize and value the diversity and difference, the safety of women at work will not improve. It’s time to embrace our differences, sensitively.
Join us for another WIS discussion with our guest Sonia Funk from the Whole Avocado. We dive into a great discussion about leadership and how it is key to change! If the leaders of an organization don’t recognize and value the diversity and difference, the safety of women at work will not improve. It’s time to embrace our differences, sensitively. Joined again by Donna Cleaton, Sylvia Marusyk, Louise Hosking, Louisa A. (Nolte) Nara and Lorenzo Visentin.
This series of five podcasts will raise the awareness of diversity at work and how this impacts the safety of women in the workplace by focusing on:
- Episode One: The total mental load and the unpaid shift, which disproportionately affects women with Guest Sylvia Marusyk Founder of MindBody Works.
- Episode Two: Stress experience and coping, which differs for men and women with Guest Louise Hosking Owner of Hosking Associates.
- Episode Three: Organisational trust and belonging with guest Louisa A. (Nolte) Nara Global Technical Director, Center for Chemical Process Safety at AIChE
- Episode Four: The lack of sex differentiated safety data and it’s impact on safety law makers with guest Kizzy Augustin Health and Safety, Fire and Environment Partner of Russell Cooke Solicitors
- Episode Five: The role of leadership in change. Sonia Funk Employee Wellness Analyst and Strategist of the Whole Avocado
Sonia Funk is an employee wellness analyst & strategist, corporate speaker and nutritional therapist with international experience in the wellness industry: New York, Ottawa, London, The Middle East and Winnipeg. Her super powers include outrageous common sense, keen observation and a willingness to ask hard questions - which allow for easier answers. Sonia is known as a bit of a ‘paradigm flipper’ and has been nicknamed 'master of the obvious’ on several occasions. She is in the media regularly, largely due to her unique collaborative healthcare events and she has a sweet partnership with the local Winkler-Morden Co-op, promoting local growers, producers and community wellness initiatives. In her former life Sonia was an award winning singer/songwriter and recording artist.
Sonia is an insightful and funny professional and her work is heart centred. She is one of those consultants that is truly willing to jump into the muck of it all and help people, and companies, sort it out.
Contact: [email protected]