WIS Morning Show: Impact of Mental Load and the Unpaid Shift
In Episode One we discuss Mental load and unpaid shift and how it hinders women at work. We export the health and safety perspective, that the unpaid shift, can increase the risk of stress and health, for example suffering more chemical exposure.
In Episode One we discuss Mental load and unpaid shift and how it hinders women at work with our guest Sylvia Marusyk Founder of MindBody Works. We export the health and safety perspective, that the unpaid shift, can increase the risk of stress and health, for example suffering more chemical exposure. We look at how more manual handling and in general do more hours adds to the stress load.
Organisational safety culture is the product of individual and group values, attitudes, perceptions, competencies and behaviours. In the 21st Century world of work, we have more women in the workforce, yet safety data, safety laws and stereotypes are based on the default male, which impacts the emotional safety of women at work.
Overall Theme: The emotional safety of women at work
This series of five podcasts will raise the awareness of diversity at work and how this impacts the safety of women in the workplace by focusing on:
- Episode One: The total mental load and the unpaid shift, which disproportionately affects women with Guest Sylvia Marusyk Founder of MindBody Works.
- Episode Two: Stress experience and coping, which differs for men and women with Guest Louise Hosking Owner of Hosking Associates.
- Episode Three: Organisational trust and belonging with guest Louisa A. (Nolte) Nara Global Technical Director, Center for Chemical Process Safety at AIChE
- Episode Four: The lack of sex differentiated safety data and it’s impact on safety law makers with guest Kizzy Augustin Health and Safety, Fire and Environment Partner of Russell Cooke Solicitors
- Episode Five: The role of leadership in change. Sonia Funk Employee Wellness Analyst and Strategist of the Whole Avocado