When you know that a storm is on its way, you need to ensure that you've got the things you need in your home to get through. A 3-day supply of water is essential, as is 3 day's worth of non-perishable food. You should have a number of reliable flashlights, with spare batteries. A battery powered or hand cranked radio will keep you in touch with the outside world. You'll also need a well stocked first aid kit.
Essential Storm Supplies
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Webinar Alert | Seeking Clarity: Where Zero Incidents Begins & Ends | Mon., June 14, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Verifiable Accountability - How Connected-Equipment Improves costs, Safety, Reputation & Environmental Impact| Tues., June 1, 2021 1PM ET
- Webinar Alert | How to Build a Sustainable EHS Program with Technology | Thurs., April 29th, 2021 1PM EST
- Webinar Alert | 10 Safety Leadership Lessons: I Wish Someone Told Me | Thurs., May 27, 2021 1PM EST
- Free Webinar: Safety & Sustainability in a VUCA World | Wed., March 24, 2021 11 AM EST