When you know that a storm is on its way, you need to ensure that you've got the things you need in your home to get through. A 3-day supply of water is essential, as is 3 day's worth of non-perishable food. You should have a number of reliable flashlights, with spare batteries. A battery powered or hand cranked radio will keep you in touch with the outside world. You'll also need a well stocked first aid kit.
Essential Storm Supplies
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Pro Athlete-Approved Injury Prevention Tech, Designed for Your Workers
- How to Build a Hand Safety Program
- 5 Steps for Implementing Leading Indicators in Construction Safety
- AR/FR Workwear Fast Facts
- The Intelex Environmental, Health & Safety Blueprint
- New Strategies Revolutionizing Worker Safety