When you know that a storm is on its way, you need to ensure that you've got the things you need in your home to get through. A 3-day supply of water is essential, as is 3 day's worth of non-perishable food. You should have a number of reliable flashlights, with spare batteries. A battery powered or hand cranked radio will keep you in touch with the outside world. You'll also need a well stocked first aid kit.
Essential Storm Supplies
When settling down for a storm make sure to have water, food, a flashlight, a battery powered radio, spare batteries, as well as a first aid-kit.
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- OSHA’s Focus on Heat Stress: Effective Hydration Planning
- March Demo Days
- Big Ambitions. Complex Data. Limited Visibility
- The Need for Strategic Risk Management
- Zero Incidents, Zero Accidents:
- The ROI of Streamlined Contractor Qualification and Management
- Using Technology to Empower Frontline Workers