As a middle school teacher, I have had the pleasure of sharing the love of literacy with hundreds of 11 to 13 year olds, many of whom had never read a book in their lives. I have derived much pleasure from seeing the awakening of the reading and writing bug in these kids and it's flow on effects into the areas of self esteem and positive attitude. Over that period, I have written a young adult novel which, I believe,presents a powerful role model for today's youth - one who isn't a wizard, a vampire - no not even a kid killer. She's a 13 year old Afro-American and 50 years ago she took on the might of a system that told her she wasn't good enough. She tells her story in my novel Through Angels Eyes, which is to be released soon.
Recent Questions by Steve Theunissen
- What Is the Difference Between Industrial Safety and Industrial Hygiene?
- What Is the Difference Between HazID and Hazop?
- What Is the Difference Between Impact Resistance and Insulation?
- What Is the Difference Between Impact Resistance and Impedance?
- What Is the Difference Between a Safety Audit and a Specific Investigation?
- What Is the Difference Between a Muster Point and an Assembly Point?
- What Is the Difference Between Average and Time Weighted Average?
- What Is the Difference Between Lost Time Injury Rate and Lost Time Accident?
- What Is the Difference Between Lost Time Injury and Medical Treatment Case?
- What Is the Difference Between Lost Time Injury and Lost Time Accident?
"Safeopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Safeopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
- Oct26 Leading People Safely: How You Can Make it Happen
- Nov30 Safety & Technology: 2016 Trends and a Look at the Future
- ~Author Unknown
Safety doesn't happen by accident.