Exposure to heat can cause serious health problems. If working in prolonged heat conditions, seek a shaded area, and stay well hydrated. Wear loose clothing that covers you from direct sunlight. Take your phone with you. Use a sunscreen with a high SPF rating and avoid being out during the hottest period of the day.
Prevent Heat Exhaustion
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- The Heat is On: What to Expect From OSHA’s New NEP on Outdoor & Indoor Heat Hazards
- Minimize Incidents & Injuries at the Workplace
- How to Fulfill the Regulatory Demands for Occupational Safety
- Are You Behind the Safety Curve?
- Is Your Organization Ready for ESG Software?
- EHS Management Continuous Improvement Guide