When you know a storm is approaching, that is the time to take action. Insulate your home by covering windows with plastic on the inside to keep the cold air out. Wear several layers of lightweight clothing, making sure that the outer layer is water proof. Only travel if you have to, and keep a disaster supplies kit in the vehicle. Also, keep tuned in to your local weather channel to keep up to date.
Winter Storm Safety Checklist
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Webinar Alert | The Evolution of Comfort in FR Protection | Thurs., July 22, 2021 | Time: 11:00 AM ET
- Webinar Alert | Seeking Clarity: Where Zero Incidents Begins & Ends | Mon., June 14, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Verifiable Accountability - How Connected-Equipment Improves costs, Safety, Reputation & Environmental Impact| Tues., June 1, 2021 1PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Beyond Compliance: A Deeper Look into Safety Management Systems | Tues., June 22, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Renewing EHS Practices for Strategic Impact | Thurs., July 8, 2021 | Time: 1:00 PM ET