When you know a storm is approaching, that is the time to take action. Insulate your home by covering windows with plastic on the inside to keep the cold air out. Wear several layers of lightweight clothing, making sure that the outer layer is water proof. Only travel if you have to, and keep a disaster supplies kit in the vehicle. Also, keep tuned in to your local weather channel to keep up to date.
Winter Storm Safety Checklist
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Eyewear Innovations Around New ANSI Regulations
- Safeopedia Demo Days January
- Improving Safety in the Construction Industry
- Why Artificial Intelligence is the Best Assistant for Construction Safety Managers?
- The Role of Hydration in Managing Hypertension and Diabetes
- Extending ESG Best Practices Into the Supply Chain
- The More You Know (Part 2):