When you know a storm is approaching, that is the time to take action. Insulate your home by covering windows with plastic on the inside to keep the cold air out. Wear several layers of lightweight clothing, making sure that the outer layer is water proof. Only travel if you have to, and keep a disaster supplies kit in the vehicle. Also, keep tuned in to your local weather channel to keep up to date.
Winter Storm Safety Checklist
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- The Heat is On: What to Expect From OSHA’s New NEP on Outdoor & Indoor Heat Hazards
- Minimize Incidents & Injuries at the Workplace
- How to Fulfill the Regulatory Demands for Occupational Safety
- Are You Behind the Safety Curve?
- Is Your Organization Ready for ESG Software?
- EHS Management Continuous Improvement Guide