When you know a storm is approaching, that is the time to take action. Insulate your home by covering windows with plastic on the inside to keep the cold air out. Wear several layers of lightweight clothing, making sure that the outer layer is water proof. Only travel if you have to, and keep a disaster supplies kit in the vehicle. Also, keep tuned in to your local weather channel to keep up to date.
Winter Storm Safety Checklist
Wear several layers of lightweight weather proof clothing, minimize travel, listen to weather radio reports and insulate your home.
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Investing in Safety: How to Build an Arc Flash PPE Program Your Workers Will Embrace
- OSHA’s Focus on Heat Stress: Effective Hydration Planning
- Big Ambitions. Complex Data. Limited Visibility
- The Need for Strategic Risk Management
- Zero Incidents, Zero Accidents:
- The ROI of Streamlined Contractor Qualification and Management
- Using Technology to Empower Frontline Workers