Definition - What does Hazard Identification mean?
Hazard identification is the process in which the hazards of a workplace are identified within a system, procedure or equipment.
Safeopedia explains Hazard Identification
Hazard identification is a part of risk assessment in which the hazards are identified for further investigation. Once the hazards are identified then proper measures can be taken to eliminate them by using engineering controls. For example, if a fan is installed without a fan cage, then installing a fan cage will be a engineering control to eliminate the associated hazards of using the fan without a cage. The administrative controls can also be incorporated. For example, in this case, the administrative control will be to repeatedly check if the fan cage is still intact.
- Hazard Identification Study (HAZID)
- Hazard Control
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Task Hazard Analysis (THA)
- Field Level Hazard Assessment Occupational Health & Safety
- Certified Hazardous Materials Management (CHMM)
- Loss Prevention Health, Safety and Environment
- Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Controlled Product