Definition - What does Risk Assessment mean?
Risk assessment, in the context of safety, refers to the identification of potential hazards in the workplace as well as the likelihood that they will occur. By extension, risk assessment should also involve the implementation of measures to reduce or mitigate those hazards.
Safeopedia explains Risk Assessment
Risk assessment is a fundamental part of health and safety management. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) advises employers to think about ways to reduce hazards in the workplace. This includes includes things like proper training in risk reduction and the provision of personal protective equipment as required.
- Risk Assessment Matrix Occupational Health & Safety
- Risk Management Health and Safety
- Safety Risk Assessment
- Field Level Risk Assessment
- Field Level Hazard Assessment Occupational Health & Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessment
- Hazard Control
- Hazard Identification
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Risk Control
Managing the Risk of Infectious Diseases in the Workplace