Definition - What does Environmental Science mean?
Environmental science is the study of living organisms and how they interact with our environment. It covers a broad range of disciplines including engineering, information studies and research of environmental issues. Often referred to as ecology, environmental scientists aim to understand our surroundings better by utilizing different fields and combining the various findings to create a complete picture.
Safeopedia explains Environmental Science
Environmental science deals with the interactions between the physical, chemical, and biological components of the environment. As things such as climate change and global warming are major concerns effecting people today, environmental scientists use their research to look for ways to inhibit the continuation of these problems, and, in turn, creating a sustainable future for the earth. They also investigate any possible ecological problems and look at ways to ensure these problems do not come to fruition.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Environment Agency
- Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology (IEST)
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Health Officer (EHO)
- Association for Occupational and Environmental Clinics (AOEC)
- Society for Occupational and Environmental Health (SOEH)
- Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) (EHS)
- Associate Environmental Professional (AEP)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)