Once the storm has passed, assess the condition of yourself and your family. If your home has lost power, go to a designated public shelter. Avoid driving in sleet, rain or dense fog where possible. Wear warm, loose fitting, lightweight clothes. Assist the elderly and infants. Ensure that your pets are safe and well fed.
What to Do After a Storm
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Upcoming Webinar | Wellness in the Era of Hybrid| Thurs., Oct 7 at 1PM ET
- On Demand Webinar | Asset Management - Understanding its strong bond with EHS
- Upcoming Webinar | Leveraging Technology to Improve Safety in the Workplace | Thurs., Oct 28 at 1PM ET
- Upcoming Webinar | Evaluating HazMat Response Options | Tues., Sep. 28 at 11AM ET
- Upcoming Webinar | Fundamentals of Cleanroom Apparel: Protecting People, Products, & Processes | Tues., Sep. 21 at 1PM ET