Every day, around 2.3 million workers across the United States work on scaffolding. If you are one of them, keep yourself safe by making sure that the foundation on which the scaffolding sits is solid and level. It must also be rigid, with a sufficiently high weight capacity. It should be able to support four times the anticipated load. You should also keep your scaffolding at lest ten feet away from power lines.
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Webinar Alert | The Evolution of Comfort in FR Protection | Thurs., July 22, 2021 | Time: 11:00 AM ET
- Webinar Alert | Seeking Clarity: Where Zero Incidents Begins & Ends | Mon., June 14, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Verifiable Accountability - How Connected-Equipment Improves costs, Safety, Reputation & Environmental Impact| Tues., June 1, 2021 1PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Beyond Compliance: A Deeper Look into Safety Management Systems | Tues., June 22, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Renewing EHS Practices for Strategic Impact | Thurs., July 8, 2021 | Time: 1:00 PM ET