Definition - What does Accident Causation mean?
Safeopedia explains Accident Causation
Accident causation factors can be described as the factors whose elimination can eliminate hazards or accidents. Multiple factors can cause an accident, including human factors, mechanical factors and environmental factors.
Human factors can include loss of sleep, inattention or a lack of knowledge about safety measures
Mechanical factors can include faulty equipment, or using equipment other than the way in which it is intended
Environmental factors can include excessive heat/cold, low-light conditions and slippery floors
- Environmental Factors Causing Accidents
- Human Factors Causing Accidents
- Mechanical Factors Causing Accidents
- Field Level Risk Assessment
- Field Level Hazard Assessment Occupational Health & Safety
- Accident Causation Model Occupational Health and Safety
- Accident Causation
- Accident Investigation Occupational Health and Safety
- Accident Prevention
- Accident Health, Safety and Environment