Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
Definition - What does Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) mean?
An emergency medical responder (EMR) is an individual that has been trained in providing pre-hospital care. An EMR has more knowledge and training than what is provided in a first aid and CPR course, but is not a medically trained first responder. Many occupations require employees to obtain EMR certification.
An emergency medical responder may also be referred to as a certified first responder.
Safeopedia explains Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Safety
- Certified Safety & Health Professional (CSHP)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Response
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
- Medical Aid Incidents
- Emergency Mobile Showers
- Emergency Life Support Apparatus (ELSA)