Bryan McWhorter is a safety professional with eight years of experience in driving and teaching safety. Bryan gained his knowledge and experience as the safety officer and Senior Trainer for Philips Lighting. Philips is a strong health and well-being company that promotes a safety first culture.
Bryan was involved in creating a successful safety culture in a Philips Lighting factory of approximately 500 employees, the results being a 50% reduction on OSHA recordable accidents in the first year. This continued to improve each following year Bryan was in charge of safety. Bryans’ responsibilities included providing and tracking needed safety training, performing hazard assessments and all accident investigations.
Bryan helped initiate a system allowing employees to submit safety projects and work on them with support as needed. Since that time in 2009, over 2500 safety projects have been completed.
He conducted extremely affective weekly safety team meetings that engaged employees throughout the organization, both hourly and salary. Bryans training programs covered such topics as
- Lock Out Tag Out
- Hazzard Assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Powered Lift Truck Safety
- Accident Investigation
- Behavioral Safety
- Confines Space
- Much, much more
Bryan has spoken on safety in such locations as:
Bryan’s practical experience gives him a unique perspective on what works and what does not. For more information, please refer to Bryan’s Linkdin profile.
Recent Questions by Bryan McWhorter
- Why Do Workers Take Risks?
- What Are Examples of PPE When Working With Asbestos?
- Are there different types of asbestos work?
- What Is the Threshold Limit Value (TLV) for Asbestos?
- What is the difference between a lost time injury and a disabling injury?
- What Is the Difference Between OHSAS 18001 and 18002?
- What is the difference between occupational health and safety and workplace health and safety?
- What is the difference between occupational health and occupational safety?
Recent Articles by Bryan McWhorter
All Articles by Bryan McWhorter
- Benefits of Expedited EHS Reporting
- The Journey to Zero!
- Safety and the Broken Window Theory
- Safety Incentives and Awards: Do They Help?
- Why is Safety a Bad Word?
- Carbon Monoxide: The Silent Killer
- Five Leading Electrical Hazards and How to Avoid Them
- Prevention: Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Is Your Desk Job Killing You?
- AEDs in the Workplace
- Accident Investigation 101
- Safety Meetings and Why You Need Them
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Sleep Deprivation and Worker Safety
- Hazards vs Danger: Do You Know the Difference?
- How to Create a Safety First Culture
- No One Gets Hurt on Purpose
- The Moral Safety Compass
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
- ~Author Unknown
Safety doesn't happen by accident.