The atmosphere in a confined space is an unknown entity. You should always test it before entering. Use a direct reading instrument that will identify any toxic air contaminants. It should also provide information about the level of oxygen, and flammable gas.
Test the Atmosphere in Confined Spaces
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- The Heat is On: What to Expect From OSHA’s New NEP on Outdoor & Indoor Heat Hazards
- Minimize Incidents & Injuries at the Workplace
- How to Fulfill the Regulatory Demands for Occupational Safety
- Are You Behind the Safety Curve?
- Is Your Organization Ready for ESG Software?
- EHS Management Continuous Improvement Guide