Quiz: Qualifying Contractors
Contractor qualification is a way to address higher risk tasks with little oversight or supervision that may lead to at-work injuries and fatalities.
When contractors are brought in and they're left out of the health and safety programs provided to full-time employees, they're vulnerable to at-work injuries and fatalities because they're unprepared to perform higher risk tasks. Contractor qualification is a way to address this issue. (Learn more in Contractor Qualification Gets Real Results.)
Test your knowledge about qualifying contractors and the process around it with this quiz challenge.
|Free Download: A Guide to Qualifying Contractors: Risks and Best Practices|
Written by Safeopedia Staff
At Safeopedia, we think safety professionals are unsung superheroes in many workplaces. We aim to support and celebrate these professionals and the work they do by providing easy access to occupational health and safety information, and by reinforcing safe work practices.
More from CQ Network
- How can performance reviews be used as part of safety culture and maintaining a safe work environment?
- What is contractor compliance and how can it be assessed?
- What is the biggest mistake you can make when prequalifying contractors?
- Why is it important to do a performance review after the contractor's work is already done?
- Which components in the contractor prequalification process, if not addressed, could result in the largest legal ramifications?
- Should the contractor prequalification process be the same for all contractors or should the process be tailored to the contractor?