What Does Error Rate Prediction Mean?
Error rate prediction is an evaluation of the probability of an error occurring during the completion of a task. Error rate prediction is used to reduce the likelihood of errors occurring in the future. There are five steps in the error rate prediction process:
- Define the system failure to be examined
- List and analyze the human error that could occur and their related recovery modes
- Calculate the human error probabilities using a probably tree
- Estimate the effect of human failure on the system failure event
- Recommend changes to the system