Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Definition - What does Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) mean?
Safeopedia explains Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
The basic purpose of the material safety data sheet is to provide the basic and necessary information about the substance that is transported, to the authorized personal (e.g. workers, emergency personals etc) and its safe handling. The contents of this document vary depending upon the nature of the substance that is being provided by the manufacturer. It usually contains information but is not limited to physical information like the boiling point of the substance, the toxicity, the safe handing procedures, the first aid procedures, the reactivity of the substance, storage of substance and its safe disposal etc.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Management (CHMM)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Hazard Identification Study (HAZID)
- Field Level Hazard Assessment Occupational Health & Safety
- Hazardous Chemical
- Hazard Control
- Biological Hazard
- Material Handling Carts
5 Ways for Electricians to Avoid Asbestos Exposure