What is the difference between H2S Alive and H2S Awareness?
The Enform H2S Alive course is recognized by every company in the upstream oil and gas industry. It is an eight-hour course which includes components on:
- Properties of H2S
- H2S locations
- Health hazards
- Initial response strategy
- Approved respiratory protective equipment
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Supplied air breathing apparatus (SABA)
- Pre-Use inspection of breathing apparatus
- Wearing and operating breathing apparatus
- After-use inspection of breathing apparatus
- Detector tube devices
- Operating detector tube devices
- Electronic monitors
- Rescue techniques
- Case studies
In order to receive H2S Alive certification you must receive at least 70% on the short answer written test. This proves your knowledge and competency with the course content.
H2S Awareness is a course designed specifically for workers whose workplace puts them in situations of risk of H2S exposure but they are not workers in the upstream oil or gas sector. These workers might instead work in mines, on farms or at water treatment plants.
More Q&As from our experts
- What is the life expectancy of fall protection equipment?
- What is the difference between a safety officer and a safety engineer?
- What is the difference between an acute hazard and a chronic hazard?