Ambient Air Breathing Apparatus (AABA)
Definition - What does Ambient Air Breathing Apparatus (AABA) mean?
An ambient air breathing apparatus (AABA) is a piece of personal protective equipment that is worn by first responders (usually rescuers, fire fighters, etc.) to provide breathable air in cases where air quality may pose a danger to life and health.
An ambient air breathing apparatus may also be known as an industrial breathing set.
Safeopedia explains Ambient Air Breathing Apparatus (AABA)
Self contained breathing apparatuses contain cylinders with compressed breathable air. The benefit of this system is that it does not rely on the air duct for supplying breathable air to the face mask. It consists of a tank, a pressure regulator and a supply tube.
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Compressed Air Breathing Apparatus (CABA)
- Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) Occupational Health and Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Equipment Failure
- End of Service Life Indicator (ESLI)
- Ambient Air
- Emergency Life Support Apparatus (ELSA)
- Air-Purifying Respirator (APR)
Managing the Risk of Infectious Diseases in the Workplace