Safety Talks #15 - Importance of Hydration Planning In Our Workplaces
We discuss the importance of hydration in the workplace and what it takes to keep our workforce healthy.
In episode 15 of Safety Talk, join Bubba Wolford, Blake Haynes, Scott Yetter and Mike Kay discuss the importance of hydration in the workplace and keeping our workforce healthy. Our discussion today covers a range of points; our Worker’s Health and the health risks due to dehydration, benefits of proper hydration practices for individuals, and how companies can benefit from workplace hydration programs. We also look at creating an organizational culture that embraces a ‘nutritionally conscious and healthy’ mind-set, and adding Nutrition and Hydration to our Emergency Management Planning and Crisis Management. Listen in as we dive deep into an interesting conversation that covers various, diverse views on these topics.
Join us, October 20 to 22 2020, for an awesome Safety Connect Virtual Conference Expo! We have an amazing line up of speakers! FREE to attend Register Now! https://buff.ly/2X3JFzD
In Partnership with:
About Our Guests:
Bubba Wolford is the Director Of Business Development at Sqwincher Corporation. He received his MS in Exercise Physiology from Mississippi State University 1991. He joined Sqwincher in 2009, in his team role he is accountable for Education & Training, where he spearheads promoting the importance of proper hydration within the Industrial Workplace to their key corporate accounts.
Please contact Bubba and the Sqwincher team at 662-574-6129 or visit https://www.sqwincher.com
Blake Haynes, is the Heath and Safety Manager at Evergreen Packaging.
Scott Yetter is currently a Buyer at Nucor Steel Jackson. He is an accomplished Supply Chain executive who has added millions of dollars to the bottom line throughout his career through smart cost control initiatives, operational efficiency improvements and critical supplier and customer relationship management. He has extensive experience in all areas of supply chain management including: purchasing, transportation, warehousing, inventory management, global import/export logistics, push and pull distribution, and operations management. He has worked for both manufacturers and service firms with an emphasis on total customer management. Considered by senior management and peers to be a quick learner, strong problem solver, and a dedicated individual with excellent communication skills. Please contact Scott at [email protected].
Mike Kay is the Director of Resource Safety Services at Safety Products Inc. Mike works with companies to create safe work environments through the products We sell, the training and services we provide, the onsite safety services and the relationships we build. The locations I serve are (southeastern US). At Safety Products Inc we believe in being part of the solution that prevents injuries and saves lives. We provide product education, safety & environmental services, guide buying decisions, and supply quality products and services. We are an occupational safety and health supplier working together to make America safe. Please contact Mike at [email protected].
Written by Tamara Parris
Tamara Parris is the VP of Community and Business Development at Safeopedia, and owner of EHS Professionals Group on LinkedIn. Her passion is working with other EHS Professionals to collaborate in thought leadership, networking and connecting our industry peers to resources that will increase profitability and safety practices within their workplaces. Tamara has been in the Health and Safety field for over 20 years, her industry experiences include the Construction sector, CCTV and Security, and Commercial Retail industries.
More from The Sqwincher Corporation
- Why are sodium and other electrolytes important for worker health and hydration?
- What are some ways to get electrolytes and maintain electrolyte balance?
- How can workers be protected from dehydration in confined spaces?
- How does dehydration impact workplace safety?
- What are electrolyte drinks and how can they impact hydration?
- What are the key signs and symptoms of dehydration?
- What are some good ways to replenish electrolytes at work?
- What should I do if I have heat stress?
- Video Q&A - How do I get started to ensure my workforce stays properly hydrated?
- Video Q&A - Heat Stress & Cold Stress. How do they affect hydration?
- Video Q&A - Should hydration and electrolytes be considered PPE?
- Video Q&A - Are there any regulations when it comes to hydration?
- Video Q&A - How is the Industrial Sector’s awareness around hydration in the workplace?
- Video Q&A - Dehydration, not just a summer issue?
- Video Q&A - How are onsite vending machines contributing to dehydration in the workplace?
- Video Q&A - How is hydration different for a workforce where people suffer from diabetes and hypertension?
- Video Q&A - Hydration for my workforce. Does one size fit all?
- Video Q&A - What are some causes of dehydration in the workplace?
- Video Q&A - How can I tell if I'm dehydrated and what are some of the signs?
- Video Q&A - Why isn't water enough for hydration?
- What is hyponatremia and when is it a risk in the workplace?
- How can you encourage employee hydration when they say they aren't thirsty?
- How can I tell if a worker is dehydrated?
- What lifestyle choices have the biggest effects on dehydration?