Join Dan Henn of Reliance Fall Protection, as he discusses the updates on the ANSI/ASSP Z359.14 codes, and specifically what is happening with self retracting devices. The new changes will take place in August of 2023, and Dan will guide you through the scope of complicated and series of changes that have been made. He will help you navigate how it will affect your purchasing habits, how to use these units, and what the data is behind these necessary changes.
Be sure to check out this 8-Part Video Series on the upcoming changes
- Understanding the updates to ANSI/ASSP Z359.14-2021 safety requirements for self-retracting devices for personal fall arrests and rescue systems.
- Recognizing the importance of fall protection in preventing fatal occupational injuries and non-fatal injuries that are growing in severity.
- Comprehending the vulnerabilities of self-retracting devices and the importance of using these devices to maximum effect.
- Understanding the use of self-retracting devices in below the dorsal d-ring tie-off applications up to including those which might result in contact of the device line with the structural edge.
- Recognizing the potential consequences of fall-related injuries and fatalities and the importance of complying with standards to ensure workplace safety.
Vice-Chairman, ANSI/ASSP Z359 Accredited Standards Committee & Vice President of Operations