Join Honeywell’s National Product Sales Manager, Robin Regan and his team for an overview on common gaps in high risk respiratory programs, reasons why they happen & how to prevent them.
This session is appropriate for organizations focused on respiratory safety due to chemical, vapor, atmospheric or environmental threats. Robin will reveal the most common areas requiring vigilance in this power packed 30 minute session.
- To identify common safety risks in the manufacturing industry and to recognize the high fatality rate associated with it, especially with respiratory hazards.
- To recognize the importance of wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), especially with regards to respiratory protection, and to understand how to select and use appropriate respiratory PPE.
- Understand the importance of fit testing in respiratory protection, including the correct frequency and methods.
- Identify the components of a written respiratory program and its importance in ensuring compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Recognize the need for an industrial hygienist to determine the appropriate respirator to wear based on the type and concentration of airborne contaminants present in the workplace.
- Explain the importance of site assessment and air sampling in identifying contaminants that may be present in the air but have no odor or odor threshold above the danger limit.
- Describe the concept of permissible exposure limits (PEL) and the use of respirators as a means of protection when working with contaminants that have a PEL set by OSHA.
- Understand the importance of the assigned protection factor in choosing the appropriate respirator and how it is calculated by multiplying the PEL by the assigned protection factor.
National Product Sales Manager Honeywell