Around 10% of workers have some degree of hearing loss. Employer's can show consideration by placing their desk in a quiet area, rearranging foot traffic routes to reduce noise levels, and have the worker sitting against the wall, so as to be able to see who is approaching. Install a phone with adjustable volume or a blinking light.
Working with Hearing Loss
Employers of hearing impaired workers can help by seating them in quiet areas, having the worker sit with his back against the wall and providing hearing impaired friendly phone technology.
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- OSHA’s Focus on Heat Stress: Effective Hydration Planning
- March Demo Days
- Big Ambitions. Complex Data. Limited Visibility
- The Need for Strategic Risk Management
- Zero Incidents, Zero Accidents:
- The ROI of Streamlined Contractor Qualification and Management
- Using Technology to Empower Frontline Workers