Around 10% of workers have some degree of hearing loss. Employer's can show consideration by placing their desk in a quiet area, rearranging foot traffic routes to reduce noise levels, and have the worker sitting against the wall, so as to be able to see who is approaching. Install a phone with adjustable volume or a blinking light.
Working with Hearing Loss
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Webinar Alert | The Evolution of Comfort in FR Protection | Thurs., July 22, 2021 | Time: 11:00 AM ET
- Webinar Alert | Seeking Clarity: Where Zero Incidents Begins & Ends | Mon., June 14, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Verifiable Accountability - How Connected-Equipment Improves costs, Safety, Reputation & Environmental Impact| Tues., June 1, 2021 1PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Beyond Compliance: A Deeper Look into Safety Management Systems | Tues., June 22, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Renewing EHS Practices for Strategic Impact | Thurs., July 8, 2021 | Time: 1:00 PM ET