Children can drown in just a few inches of water. So, it is imperative that they are supervised at all times when they are in and around water. Backyard pools must be fully fenced, with a self latching gate. Have a phone and first aid kit on hand. If taking children out on the water, ensure that they each have a properly fitted life jacket. As a parent you should take a first aid / CPR course, so that you are fully prepared for an emergency.
Supervise Children Around Water
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- When Does New View Safety Become Dangerous?
- Fixing 5S Problems in Food & Beverage Through Identification
- Zero Incidents, Zero Accidents:
- The ROI of Streamlined Contractor Qualification and Management
- Using Technology to Empower Frontline Workers
- How to Hire and Build and Effective Safety Team
- Minimize Incidents & Injuries at the Workplace