Children can drown in just a few inches of water. So, it is imperative that they are supervised at all times when they are in and around water. Backyard pools must be fully fenced, with a self latching gate. Have a phone and first aid kit on hand. If taking children out on the water, ensure that they each have a properly fitted life jacket. As a parent you should take a first aid / CPR course, so that you are fully prepared for an emergency.
Supervise Children Around Water
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- The Heat is On: What to Expect From OSHA’s New NEP on Outdoor & Indoor Heat Hazards
- Minimize Incidents & Injuries at the Workplace
- How to Fulfill the Regulatory Demands for Occupational Safety
- Are You Behind the Safety Curve?
- Is Your Organization Ready for ESG Software?
- EHS Management Continuous Improvement Guide