Children can drown in just a few inches of water. So, it is imperative that they are supervised at all times when they are in and around water. Backyard pools must be fully fenced, with a self latching gate. Have a phone and first aid kit on hand. If taking children out on the water, ensure that they each have a properly fitted life jacket. As a parent you should take a first aid / CPR course, so that you are fully prepared for an emergency.
Supervise Children Around Water
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Upcoming Webinar | Wellness in the Era of Hybrid| Thurs., Oct 7 at 1PM ET
- On Demand Webinar | Asset Management - Understanding its strong bond with EHS
- Upcoming Webinar | Leveraging Technology to Improve Safety in the Workplace | Thurs., Oct 28 at 1PM ET
- Upcoming Webinar | Evaluating HazMat Response Options | Tues., Sep. 28 at 11AM ET
- Upcoming Webinar | Fundamentals of Cleanroom Apparel: Protecting People, Products, & Processes | Tues., Sep. 21 at 1PM ET