Moving machine parts are dangerous and merciless. Keep your body parts well clear of them. If you need to tamper with the machinery, wait until the machine is completely stopped before touching any parts that move. Never wear loose or hanging clothes that could easily get caught up in moving parts of a machine. Ties, earrings, loose sleeves and bracelets are all potential dangers when working with machinery.
Don't Get Caught in Moving Parts
Keep your fingers away from moving parts, don't wear loose fitting clothing around machinery and turn off equipment before cleaning or adjusting it.
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Heat Stress Safety: What to Know, What to Do
- How a High Reliability Organization (HRO) Impacts Safety and Profitability
- Avoiding Catastrophic Injury While Maintaining Comfort & Compliance in the Oil & Gas Industry
- New Strategies Revolutionizing Worker Safety
- 3M Hearing Protection Fit-Testing eBook
- Career Mapping Toolkit
- 10 EHS Dashboards