Personal protective equipment includes respirators, safety glasses, gloves, helmets, chemical suits, steel toe boots and fire resistant clothing. Wearing them is imperative, but so, too, is making sure that they're the right fit. Some PPE, such as hard hats, have an expiration date. Over time they become brittle and will not withstand a heavy blow. Keeping your PPE snug fitting, well maintained and up-to-date will allow it to do it's job of keeping you safe.
Customize Your Personal Protective Equipment
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- Webinar Alert | Seeking Clarity: Where Zero Incidents Begins & Ends | Mon., June 14, 2021 2PM ET
- Webinar Alert | Verifiable Accountability - How Connected-Equipment Improves costs, Safety, Reputation & Environmental Impact| Tues., June 1, 2021 1PM ET
- Webinar Alert | How to Build a Sustainable EHS Program with Technology | Thurs., April 29th, 2021 1PM EST
- Webinar Alert | 10 Safety Leadership Lessons: I Wish Someone Told Me | Thurs., May 27, 2021 1PM EST
- Free Webinar: Safety & Sustainability in a VUCA World | Wed., March 24, 2021 11 AM EST