Personal protective equipment includes respirators, safety glasses, gloves, helmets, chemical suits, steel toe boots and fire resistant clothing. Wearing them is imperative, but so, too, is making sure that they're the right fit. Some PPE, such as hard hats, have an expiration date. Over time they become brittle and will not withstand a heavy blow. Keeping your PPE snug fitting, well maintained and up-to-date will allow it to do it's job of keeping you safe.
Customize Your Personal Protective Equipment
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- On Demand Webinar | Asset Management - Understanding its strong bond with EHS
- Upcoming Webinar | Evaluating HazMat Response Options | Tues., Sep. 28 at 11AM ET
- Upcoming Webinar | Fundamentals of Cleanroom Apparel: Protecting People, Products, & Processes | Tues., Sep. 21 at 1PM ET
- Upcoming Webinar | Controlled and Critical Environments: A Guide to Hand Protection | Sep. 9 at 1PM ET
- Webinar Alert | The Evolution of Comfort in FR Protection | Thurs., July 22, 2021 | Time: 11:00 AM ET