Personal protective equipment includes respirators, safety glasses, gloves, helmets, chemical suits, steel toe boots and fire resistant clothing. Wearing them is imperative, but so, too, is making sure that they're the right fit. Some PPE, such as hard hats, have an expiration date. Over time they become brittle and will not withstand a heavy blow. Keeping your PPE snug fitting, well maintained and up-to-date will allow it to do it's job of keeping you safe.
Customize Your Personal Protective Equipment
Related Safety Meeting Topics
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- When Does New View Safety Become Dangerous?
- Zero Incidents, Zero Accidents:
- The ROI of Streamlined Contractor Qualification and Management
- Using Technology to Empower Frontline Workers
- How to Hire and Build and Effective Safety Team
- Minimize Incidents & Injuries at the Workplace
- How to Fulfill the Regulatory Demands for Occupational Safety