If you're driving a new or unfamiliar vehicle, get to know where the safety controls are before you set off. Check the location of the headlight switch, windshield wipers, front defroster, and emergency hazard lights. You should also know your hand signals (right, left and stop), in case you find the car's signals do not operate properly.
Be Familiar With Your Vehicle
Let's Make Workplaces Safer!
Subscribe to the Safeopedia newsletter to stay on top of current industry trends and up-to-date know-how from subject matter authorities. Our comprehensive online resources are dedicated to safety professionals and decision makers like you.
- The Need for Strategic Risk Management
- Zero Incidents, Zero Accidents:
- The ROI of Streamlined Contractor Qualification and Management
- Using Technology to Empower Frontline Workers
- How to Hire and Build and Effective Safety Team
- Minimize Incidents & Injuries at the Workplace
- How to Fulfill the Regulatory Demands for Occupational Safety