Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)
Definition - What does Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) mean?
Safeopedia explains Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)
- Hood - a reverse funnel like device that captures contaminants at the source.
- Duct - a hollow shaped channel that guides contaminated air to the fan.
- Filter (optional) - air cleaning device.
- Fan - for sucking and blowing out air from the source to outside.
- Exhaust stack - air discharge outlet and often a non-return valve type with flaps.
- Necessary electric connection and switches.