Definition - What does ANSI Z359 mean?
ANSI Z359 is a safety document containing American National Standard Safety requirements for personal fall arrest systems, subsystems and components.
Safeopedia explains ANSI Z359
ANSI Z359 is a benchmark of standards that is used in general industry as a fall protection standard. This standard has been incorporated in many industrial fall protection programs. In 1999, five new standards of fall protection were released.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Fall Arrest
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- OSHA Fall Protection Standard
- ANSI Z10
- Fall Hazard
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology (IEST)
- ANSI Z359