Definition - What does Planning Permission mean?
Gaining planning permission means getting the approval of local authorities to move ahead with a proposed building or developmental project in the UK. Gaining planning permission requires that any environmental concerns be taken into account as well as other factors, such as social or economic concerns. If you are building, developing land, or changing the use of existing buildings or land you should check to see if you need planning permission before you start.
Safeopedia explains Planning Permission
Upkeep or maintenance on a building or land is excluded from the definition of development outlined in the planning code. The acts and legislation that make up the planning code provide a basis for conserving our architectural and natural heritage. The code also helps to provide affordable housing and carries through with environmental impact statements to keep our environment safe.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) (EHS)
- Building Code Safety
- Sustainable Development
- Environmental Health & Safety Management (EHSM)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Environmental Health Officer (EHO) Environmental Health & Safety
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Environmental Management
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- Safety Committee
5 Reasons You Struggle with Safety Buy-in and What to Do About It