Definition - What does Organic mean?
Organic is defined as anything related to or derived from living matter. In food production or farming methods, production that does not involve the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or other man-made chemicals can be considered organic. This is due to the fact that the function performed by these chemicals is achieved through natural or organic compounds instead.
Safeopedia explains Organic
There are many benefits to environmental health and physical health in humans when organic approaches to problem solving can be applied. In food production, organic methods can assist in reducing erosion, preserve local wildlife and biodiversity, aids in the reduction of carbon emissions helping to fight global warming, and also helps to avoid soil and water contamination.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) (EHS)
- Rill Erosion
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Environmental Health Officer (EHO) Environmental Health & Safety
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Environmental Management
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- Safety Committee
5 Reasons You Struggle with Safety Buy-in and What to Do About It