Definition - What does Operating Practices mean?
Operating practices refers to the methods of operating a business or providing a service. It includes the daily practices that a business observes in order to ensure safety of process and employees. Operating practices are the ingrained methods of carrying out business that a company has developed in order to promote safety.
Safeopedia explains Operating Practices
In order for a company to ensure that it is following safe operating practices, it is necessary to develop written guidelines and procedures for dealing with potentially hazardous situations. This may be developed as part of a risk managment program or as a stand alone document to strengthen a company's current safety procedures. It is especially important to develop clear operating practices for safe conduct when dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- American Petroleum Industry (API)
- Risk Management Health and Safety
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Hazard Control
- Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Board (OPITB)
- International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety
- National Certificate in Environmental Management
- Risk Assessment Safety