Safety Trained Supervisor (STS)
Definition - What does Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) mean?
The Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification provides the means for employers to verify the safety and health knowledge of their first line supervisors, managers and any employee with safety responsibilities. Applicants are required to meet minimum education and experience requirements and demonstrate knowledge of basic safety and health standards and practices. The STS Program is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Safeopedia explains Safety Trained Supervisor (STS)
Safety Trained Supervisor candidates are typically employees who have a safety responsibility that is adjunct with their job duties. They help their employer to implement safety at the worker level through supervisory or safety committee roles. Their safety duties often include monitoring for safety hazards, assisting with ensuring regulatory compliance, and training employees in safety practices. They also communicate with safety specialists and with management.
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Safety Policy
- Certification in Safety Management
- Safety Plan Template
- Safe System of Work
- Safety Occupational Health and Safety
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- International Standard Organization (ISO)
- National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety