Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (CRSP)
Definition - What does Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (CRSP) mean?
Canadian registered safety professional (CRSP) is a certificate offered by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP). A person who has met the academic, experience and examination requirements for certification established by the BCRSP is awarded with the certificate.
This is similar to a certified safety professional (CSP) in the United States.
Safeopedia explains Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (CRSP)
CRSP applicants must meet the following prerequisites:
- Educational Qualifications - Completed college or university education in health and safety
- Work Experience - At least three years of continuous work experience in the occupational and environmental health and safety field
- Current Employment - Includes over 900 hours/year activities in occupational safety and health and environment
CRSP has the following stages:
- Application - Must complete the "Application for Canadian Registered Safety Professional Designation"
- Evaluation - The BCRSP Board reviews the application
- Interview - The pre-requisition qualified person is then called to interview
- Examination - The applicant has to sit for an examination on the following subject matter: accident theory, environmental practices, ergonomics, fire prevention and protection, health promotion, health, safety and environment auditing, law and ethics, occupational health safety and environment systems, occupational hygiene, risk management and safety techniques and technology
- Approval - Once the applicant achieves the passing score, he or she is notified
- Confirmation - The applicant receives the CRSP designation and registration number
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Safety Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- Safety Risk Assessment
- International Standard Organization (ISO)
- Master Code Professional (MCP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- H2S Training
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Safety Inspection