Tim joined Asbestos.com in 2011 as Senior Content Writer, believing he could make a difference in raising awareness of mesothelioma cancer and the dangers of asbestos exposure. Tim earned a bachelor's degree and master's degree from Ohio University after growing up near the steel mills of Youngstown, Ohio, where exposure to asbestos products was extensive.He is inspired by the courage and resolve of mesothelioma survivors, the dedication of the medical professionals helping these cancer patients, and the tireless work ethic of the families and advocates who refuse to concede.Tim Povtak is also affiliated with The Mesothelioma Center and can be contacted using the options on the right. For info on how we work with industry partners, click here and for more information on mesothelioma, check out http://www.asbestos.com/mesothelioma.
Recent Questions by Tim Povtak
Recent Articles by Tim Povtak
Asbestos 101 - Everything You Need to Know About The Deadly Mineral
Although asbestos use is now highly regulated, some professions are at high risk for exposure. Learn why construction workers are at risk in particular, and how to reduce the chances of exposure.
Some occupations are at a higher risk asbestos exposure than others. Learn what occupations are at risk, and how you can prevent or minimize exposure.
All Articles by Tim Povtak
- Asbestos 101 - Everything You Need to Know About The Deadly Mineral
- Q&A: Construction Workers and Asbestos Exposure
- Q&A - Top At-Risk Occupations for Asbestos Exposure
- U.S. Military Veterans and Asbestos Exposure: Frequently Asked Questions
- Q&A: Firefighters and Asbestos
- Shipyards and Asbestos: Frequently Asked Questions
"Safeopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Safeopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
- Oct26 Leading People Safely: How You Can Make it Happen
- Nov30 Safety & Technology: 2016 Trends and a Look at the Future
- ~Author Unknown
Safety doesn't happen by accident.