Tim joined Asbestos.com in 2011 as Senior Content Writer, believing he could make a difference in raising awareness of mesothelioma cancer and the dangers of asbestos exposure. Tim earned a bachelor's degree and master's degree from Ohio University after growing up near the steel mills of Youngstown, Ohio, where exposure to asbestos products was extensive.He is inspired by the courage and resolve of mesothelioma survivors, the dedication of the medical professionals helping these cancer patients, and the tireless work ethic of the families and advocates who refuse to concede.Tim Povtak is also affiliated with The Mesothelioma Center and can be contacted using the options on the right. For info on how we work with industry partners, click here and for more information on mesothelioma, check out http://www.asbestos.com/mesothelioma.
Recent Questions by Tim Povtak
Recent Articles by Tim Povtak
This brief article provides answers to all your basic questions about auto mechanics and their risk of asbestos exposure on the job.
Every electrician is well aware of the electrical hazards that come with the job. But asbestos exposure is also a common and very serious concern. Learn how electricians can avoid asbestos exposure on the job.
Asbestos 101 - Everything You Need to Know About The Deadly Mineral
All Articles by Tim Povtak
- Q&A: Automobile Mechanics and Asbestos Exposure
- 5 Ways for Electricians to Avoid Asbestos Exposure
- Asbestos 101 - Everything You Need to Know About The Deadly Mineral
- Q&A: Construction Workers and Asbestos Exposure
- Q&A - Top At-Risk Occupations for Asbestos Exposure
- U.S. Military Veterans and Asbestos Exposure: Frequently Asked Questions
- Q&A: Firefighters and Asbestos
- Shipyards and Asbestos: Frequently Asked Questions
"Safeopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Safeopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
- ~Eleanor Everet
For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind