I am a “Hands On”, "On the Floor" involved employee mentor, motivator, solution-oriented and proactive safety professional with 14 years of EHS / Safety, Fire, Loss Prevention and Risk Management experience across multiple manufacturing industries as well as mufti-location and multi-shift manufacturing plants - distribution centers in a union and non-union setting promoting and building a proactive, successful “safety culture”.
Specialties & Accomplishments
- Lowered by 75% Employee DART Rate & Injury Reduction for 2K employees at 6 plants in 8 months time. (The RIR rate was lowered to a 2.7 from a 7.8)
- Saved $500,000 in Workers Compensation costs due to case management and RTW accommodations.
- Project Management & Process Safety Management (Chemical & Ammonia)
- Accident - Incident investigation, management of workers' compensation cases and OSHA 300 logs management.
- JHA / JSA conducted safety audits on jobs and procedures.
- Emergency management and response team development and implementation.
- Facility Security Management experience along with use of CCTV, Key Card Access, Fire and Security Alarms.
- Occupational Safety, risk management and loss prevention audit and regulatory compliance.
- Creation, training instruction and administration of employee training programs such as MSDS, First Aid /AED, Forklift, DOT, LOTO (lock-out – tag out), Confined Space, HAZCOM (GHS), Fall Protection.
- Employee fleet & vehicle safety FMCSA CSA and DOT HOS Log retention and management.
- Safety Committee creation and administration.
- Noise, ergonomic and industrial hygiene monitoring of chemical and dust exposure to employees.
- Environmental protection, hazardous waste removal including biohazard materials, CAA air release reporting (EPCRA) Title V, storm water (NPDES) permitting program and SPCC Planning.
Recent Articles by Jack Benton
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
- ~Author Unknown
Safety doesn't happen by accident.