I am a “Hands On”, "On the Floor" involved employee mentor, motivator, solution-oriented and proactive safety professional with 14 years of EHS / Safety, Fire, Loss Prevention and Risk Management experience across multiple manufacturing industries as well as mufti-location and multi-shift manufacturing plants - distribution centers in a union and non-union setting promoting and building a proactive, successful “safety culture”.
Specialties & Accomplishments
- Lowered by 75% Employee DART Rate & Injury Reduction for 2K employees at 6 plants in 8 months time. (The RIR rate was lowered to a 2.7 from a 7.8)
- Saved $500,000 in Workers Compensation costs due to case management and RTW accommodations.
- Project Management & Process Safety Management (Chemical & Ammonia)
- Accident - Incident investigation, management of workers' compensation cases and OSHA 300 logs management.
- JHA / JSA conducted safety audits on jobs and procedures.
- Emergency management and response team development and implementation.
- Facility Security Management experience along with use of CCTV, Key Card Access, Fire and Security Alarms.
- Occupational Safety, risk management and loss prevention audit and regulatory compliance.
- Creation, training instruction and administration of employee training programs such as MSDS, First Aid /AED, Forklift, DOT, LOTO (lock-out – tag out), Confined Space, HAZCOM (GHS), Fall Protection.
- Employee fleet & vehicle safety FMCSA CSA and DOT HOS Log retention and management.
- Safety Committee creation and administration.
- Noise, ergonomic and industrial hygiene monitoring of chemical and dust exposure to employees.
- Environmental protection, hazardous waste removal including biohazard materials, CAA air release reporting (EPCRA) Title V, storm water (NPDES) permitting program and SPCC Planning.