First Call HSQ Ltd
HSE encourages the use of sensible and proportionate advice. In the context of this register, this means:
Helping clients understand what health and safety law requires;
- Helping clients understand how they can help them;
- Ensuring that clients understand how to raise any concerns relating to the advice that they have received;
- Exercising their professional judgement to decide what action must be taken in a particular situation. For example, an employer might be required to do what is reasonably practicable to ensure safety, and that will mean considering both the extent of the risk and the resources involved in averting the risk (whether in money, time or trouble); and
- Distinguishing between legal requirements and best practice (i.e. the ‘must do’ and the ‘could do’).
- Jul19 The Biggest Summer Safety Issues and Solutions to Address Them
- Aug02 Are Workplace Hazards Coming Home with You?