Art has spent his entire life in the heavy equipment, site development, and green industries. He is currently President and CEO of the Edmonton operations within the Wilco Group of Companies and the WHiMASE Group. Art’s contribution to Nektar is tuned from his experience in managing his company-wide operations while leveraging software solutions developed to support day-to-day data management procedures.
Currently the over 300 employees of Wilco NW and the WHiMASE Group run 100% of daily field and admin operations in a paperless environment using the mobile Nektar apps. This includes, fleet maintenance, documentation of safe work practice meetings, JHAs, payroll time card data, maintenance logs for outdoor green spaces, site inspection reports, project daily logs, time and materials tracking for cost plus work records, etc. etc.
Art has provided innovative vision and leadership in the global marketing and sales success of the Nektar asset management systems, Histree, Arcsset, and Equipdata. An additional independent product, WiTRAX, developed in partnership with DRAXware Solutions, brings all of the WHiMASE software solutions into a single dashboard interface. This includes data mined in real time from Explorer, Heavy Bid (Accounting, Estimating) and the Nektar Data solutions. As well, the WHiMASE group has integrated all operations within a cloud hosted document management environment hosted by and in partnership with Egnyte. With this well rounded experience Art provides data collection, asset and document management consulting solutions to contractors, governments, enterprise, utility, green, and oil and gas industries.
Recent Questions by Art Maat
- How Do You Overcome Resistance to Change When It Comes to New Safety Rules, Procedures, and Initiatives?
- What Data Should We Be Collecting in Regards to Worker Safety?
- What steps or measures can I put in place to reduce the effects of heat stress?
- What Is the Best Duration and Frequency for Toolbox Talks
- Do I Have to Wear a Seat belt While Operating Heavy Machinery?
- By displaying a pre-shift inspection electronically am I COR and Canadian / USA DOT compliant?
Recent Articles by Art Maat
All Articles by Art Maat
- Improving Communication and Response Time
- How to Encourage Employees to Report Workplace Hazards
- Safety Violations Result in Stricter Preventative Measures
- Invest in Employee Training
- (FLHA) Field Level Hazard Assessments 101
- 6 Tips, Okay 11, for Keeping Cool on the Jobsite During the Summer
- What Makes Safety Moments Successful
- Top 10 Heavy Equipment Safety Tips for Incident Prevention
- Benefits of Mobile Data Collection in Condition-Based Asset Management
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
- ~Eleanor Everet
For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind